About this Event
The Cyber Resilience Centre is a joint venture between the Greater Manchester Police and Manchester Digital, backed by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority. This new, not-for-profit initiative will provide a targeted programme of preventative work to substantially increase the take-up of effective cybersecurity measures to safeguard Greater Manchester's business community.
The Centre will formally launch on November 7th and we would be delighted if you could join us to celebrate and understand the centre's plans.
The launch starts at 17:30 at the Manchester Technology Incubator.
- 17:30-18:00 - Registration & refreshments
- 18:00-18:05 - Welcome - detective superintendent, Neil Jones, Greater Manchester Police
- 18:05-18:15 - Keynote address - Baroness Beverley Hughes, Greater Manchester's Deputy Mayor for Policing, Crime, Criminal Justice and Fire
- 18:15 - 18:30 - Greater Manchester Cyber Landscape - Sir Richard Leese, Leader, Manchester City Council
- 18:30-18:40 - National Context & the threat landscape - Chief Constable Pete Goodman
- 18:40-19:00 - Overview of the Cyber Resilience Centre - Neil Jones/Katie Gallagher, managing director of Manchester Digital
- 19:00-19:10 - Closing remarks & next steps
- 19:10-20:15 - Networking & refreshments